- Street: Kronbergerstrasse 4
- City or Town: Linz
- Country: Austria
- Hours you can donate per week: 10+
- Years of experience: 10+
- Listed: April 30, 2012 12:36 pm
I am an Austrian painter, sculptor, designer and photographer.
Kielnhofer visited the technical College Linz where he took his final exam in 1995. he was engaged with technique and design and art on building lead him to his special way of art. Since 2000 he lives as an free artist in Linz. 2005 he launched Gallery Artpark in Linz, one year later he launched Gallery Fotopark.
The „timeguards“ of the Austrian artist Manfred Kielnhofer are the top of a some years lasting development. Dealing with room-concepts, sculptures and installations on one hand and the being engaged with mystic experiences and religion on the other hand lead the artist to these strange characters. 2006 the first of these figures was created. It reminds us of a walking monk, who seems to be lost in something. Kielnhofer puts his timeguard in public places like ancient castlers, old mines, main squares or in parks. Kielnhofers „timegurads“ come and go, nobody knows where they appear the next time. They let us never forget that we are always watched. (Critics by: Martina Gansterer). 2009 Kielnhofer develops a new sort of act photographs. Therefore he builds a waterplate in his studio, where he can take photos of models sitting or lying likely on a mirror. 2010 he developed the concept of the Light Art Biennale Austria 2010 together with Martina Schettina. The Interlux-Chair, Kielnhofers artwork shown at the biennial, was registered in the design-database of the MAK, the Museum for applied arts in Vienna.
• 2000 Studies in USA New York, Miami
• 2005 Stipendium of the county of Upper Austria, Studio in the Egon Schiele Art Center Krumlov CZ
• 2007 Stipendium Austria BMUKK – Egon Schiele Art Centrum – Cesky Krumlov 100 years after Egon Schiele
• 2008 International symposium of sculpture on wood in Italy Ossana 2008
• 2000–2005. : Allerton Art Gallery New York, Gallery Tampere Finnland, Citygalerie Linz, Giga Galerie Ansfelden, filmproduction shadow performance main place Linz, biggest children-painting of the world at art-salzburg and art-vienna, Galerie Generali Group, Landart-project Enns.
• 2006–2007. : Gallery Artpark Linz – Skulpture garden Artpark, Gallery Fotopark Linz, “Artpark Beyond Limits” globe of integration, Integrationsweltkugel”, Timeguards on tournee
• 2008. Egon Schiele Art Centrum (CZ), Gallery Fontaine Amstetten, Black Box Gallery Copenhagen (DK)/Linz, Kunstgarten Graz; art in the public: Dianabad Wien.
• 2009 Cass Sculpture Fondation (UK), ArtVilnius (LT), Artfair Berlin-Arttower, Galerie Seywald,
• 2010 Mobile-Galerie Hörsching, Woka Lamps Vienna, Castle Steyregg near Linz, Neuköllner Kunstsalon Berlin, Galerie Kunst und Handel Graz, Kunstraum Ringstrassen, Light Art Biennale Lichtkunst 2010 Austria, Galerie Claudiana, Area 53 vienna, Citygalerie Linz, Kunsthandel Freller, Galerie Thiele
• 2011 Galerie Thiele Linz, Nord Art Germany, Kunstprojekt “ghost car” zur Art Basel, Liste, Scope, Volta Show, Festival of Lights Berlin, Grevenbroich Inseln des Lichtes, Tacheles Berlin, Kunstverein Passau, ArtStays Ptuj Slovenia, Time guards on tour in Venice
• 2011 Design_Raum_Kunst Messe Wien Wohnen&Interier, Blaues Atelier Graz, Designmonat Graz, Kunsthandel Bachlechner,
Switzerland, Slovakia, Salzburg Wals, Saatchi&Saatchi New York,
152 total views, 1 today