These paintings are all by famous writers: each painting and drawing reflecting something of the authors work, view, as you would expect it too. The series was put together by Melvill house, an independent publisher based in New York.
See if you can guess who did what. Here are the writers whose paintings I have included:
- ‘Town beside a lake’ by Victor Hugo (1850)
- ‘Untitled’ by Herman Hesse (1917)
- ‘Maria Nys Huxley at Siesta’ by Aldous Huxley (1920)
- ‘Mt. Chocorua’ by E.E. Cummings (1938)
- ‘Dr. Sax’ by Jack Kerouac (1952)
- from the Insomnia Series by Henry Miller (1965)
What do you think of them as artists?
237 total views, 1 today